Practical tips to help recreate the classic English style or English decor in your interior house, classic style for English interiors and homes or English cottage.
English style in the interior - features and main characteristics. A bit of refinement in your home with the help of design.
Classic English interior has a rich history that spans more than two centuries. Its elegance, he is obliged to French fashion, it's rich coloristic and textural range - misty melancholy of the English landscape, and its eclecticism - the colonial policy of the kingdom. In general, it is very cozy and comfortable space with a bit aesthetically snobbery and elitism. we have compiled a list of practical tips to help you recreate the classic English style and English decor in your home.
|classic English style in the interior, English dining room with window curtains|
At the first you should visit: How to create real classic interior design
How to create classic English style in the interiors:
1. Englishmen nourish a particular fondness for the color and ornamentation, which was brought up in the Victorian era and aesthetically regulated by William Morris. Because choosing solutions for decoration and wall decoration is better to opt for a deep rich tone paint or vinyl wallpaper or textile with a large floral ornament.
2. living space traditionally formed around the fireplace with a classic portal. This can be as pompous marble portal with luxurious embossed entablature and pediment quite strict with the minimum of plastic decoration.
3. Parquet floor living room is usually decorated with antique oriental rugs. Oriental flavor is introduced into the interior is also due to decorative textiles: upholstery and cushions.
4. Overall range of colors of classic English lounge is built on bright saturated shades of red, yellow, green, dark blue-green, brown.
|classic English style in the interior, English interiors and decor|
5. A characteristic feature of the interior is textured and decorative textile burlesque: velvet, satin and jacquard upholstery and curtain fabrics are interspersed with woolen blankets, natural leather and colorful oriental canvas handmade and one-color textiles are combined with polysyllabic woven patterns XVIII-XIX centuries.
6. then for the living room certainly introduced some antique pieces of furniture and art with a strong "colonial" character: Chinese lacquer cabinet, Renaissance chair, silverware, china, Indian statues of Shiva, jade figurines from Burma, African or Papuan masks, etc. etc.
7. walls are traditionally decorated with a dense mesh of old engravings, lithographs, paintings (this method is also used in the design of the bedrooms, libraries, offices and even bathrooms). Also as a classic wall decor used installation of decorative porcelain plates.
8. Classic bedroom English style traditionally made out in the cold light tone of blue, green, purple. Here reigns the small floral pattern descended on white background wallpaper, curtains and stole tent (sewn with a self-colored lining). Pattern wallpaper and textiles must be the same! Cushions and chairs hooped fabric the same key, but with a more relaxed motif - strip or cell.
One of stylish interior styles: Top ideas for neoclassical style in the interior
|English bedroom interiors with purple wallpaper patterns, classic bedrooms|
9. Continuing bedroom bathroom and toilet rooms are also kept in the cold light tone. Used for decoration painted ceramic tile, wood paneling, curtain pelmet with a classic (if windows), "a grid of prints" sconce with traditional bubble in the form of a truncated cone and retro faucets.
10. characteristic elements of the cabinet in the English style are carved panels of solid oak or rosewood for wall cladding, the library set with glass doors, thick heavy curtains, Scottish cage (stitched upholstery or wall), leather sofas, large-scale paintings with portraits of nobles XVIII century, with hunting scenes or images of horses, hounds, or predators.
11. Pieces of furniture with a upholstery from a natural leather in the style of Chesterfield may be administered in any functional interior of the house from the hallway to the bedroom. Because of its texture, they look original and are an important element of style-forming composition.
|classic English style in the interior, English interiors with leather furniture|
I suggest to see : Top 10 tips for country style home decor
12. Hallway in the English style should pick up the marble floor mosaic or parquet, classic console, crystal chandelier, antique Chinese porcelain or bronze sculpture, a mirror in a massive frame, antique banquette upholstered in natural leather, velvet or tapestry.
13. Developing the concept of a interior of your home or apartment does not forget about the favorite British style Blue Wedgwood . Entourage this room is kept in blue tones and is based on the interaction of textures: silk, satin, wool, linen, natural stone, wood, leather, etc.
14. If conditions allow, the conservatory with wicker rattan furniture is the perfect addition to your classic English style at interior home.
Classic style in English interiors homes:
|classic English style in the interior, English interior wall stripes and frames|
|classic English style in the interior, luxury bedroom decor and furniture|
If you like to create classic bedroom:
|classic English style in the interior, English interior wall moldings and fireplace|
|classic English style in the interior, English interiors with stairs|
|classic English style in the interior, English kitchen furniture and decor|
Don't miss to see :
French style kitchens in country designs
|classic English style in the interior, English interior decor|
|classic English style in the interior, classic kitchen cabinets and dining sets|
You can also see:
Best designs of luxury kitchens in classic style
|classic English style in the interior, English interior staircase and ceiling moldings|
|classic English style in the interior, English bedroom classic style and furniture|
|classic English style in the interior, English bathroom classic cabinets|
Do you know:
How to design luxury bathroom in classic style
I hope you can recreate your English interior in classic style and have one of stylish classic English interior style after these article.